Fridays at workplace are usually busy, we need to wrap up our assignments,and are anxious to step out of the office ,thus, sometimes couldn’t take our tea/coffee breaks, which sometimes leave us hungry and cranky .Also,as I have been making muffins everyday, my colleagues had been demanding that I bake some for them too.. so, I thought what better day than Friday to surprise them with these delicious treats..
As they say, taste bhi heath bhi, these muffins are the perfect combo of taste and health. I loved the coconut flavor in these muffins.
Well, while gulping down these muffins we did enjoy some much needed break..😀
Recipe adapted from the banana oats muffins-
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup instant oats
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 medium sized banana (1/2 cup mashed banana)
- ¼ cup oil
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup dry coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (you can add any nuts also)
- 2 tbsp of dry coconut flakes for garnishing
- Pinch of salt.
- Preheat the oven at 200 degree Celsius.
- Sieve the whole wheat flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder together in a bowl. Add the oats , dry coconut flakes and chia seeds in the bowl.
- In another bowl, add the mashed banana , brown sugar and vanilla essence. Stir well . Add oil and stir till all incorporated together.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix gently. Use cut and fold method to mix . Do not over mix the batter.
- With the use of spoons, fill the muffins tray till the top. Put some coconut flakes as garnishing over the muffins top.
- Bake them at the high temperature (200 degree C) for about 5 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 180 and bake for 12-15 minutes.Do note I use small muffin tray , if your muffin tray is medium/regular sized, bake them for around 18-20 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick in a muffin, if it comes out clean , then the muffins are done.
- Enjoy them with cold milk or hot coffee 🙂
Note : I am doing a muffin week .. Check out my other day’s post :
Monday : Tutti-fruity muffins
Tuesday : Spiced Apple muffins
Wednesday : Chocolate chip oats muffins..
Thursday :Banana oats muffins