Baking, i can say is my new found love.. i have just started baking and is an immature at it. Baking cookies.. i have read, is comforting and works as a great stress buster..when the aroma of those lovely cookies fills the room,it makes you forget all your worries and you get hypnotized by the sweet, bit-sized food.
And as they say-
“Life is better with fresh baked cookies.. ”
I wanted to experience the same love for baking cookies.. and trust me ,its all true… baking is very enjoyable, exciting and relaxing activity. Making these cookies on weekends made me forget all my weekdays stress. The excitement of how the cookies will turn out can’t be explained in words, the anxiousness of getting the correct texture and taste is just so overwhelming. 🙂
I love jam cookies, I buy them every time we go for grocery shopping.. but now I am super happy as I can make these delicious cookies at home and i don’t have to depend on those trips to grocery to get them. 🙂
Now, as i am new to this, i read and watch many recipes of the eggless jam cookies over the internet .. tried a few .. and finally settled on this recipe:
- 3/4 cup Maida/All purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Vanilla custard powder
- 4 tbsp Corn flour
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp Curd
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp Jam(any kind) I used the tops mixed jam
- In a bowl, whisk together butter and powdered sugar until frothy.
- Add vanilla essence and beat it together.
- Add the flours and curd and mix together and make a dough.
- Roll the dough on the flat surface with the help of rolling pin.
- Cut the cookies with any shape you want .. I made the round shaped cookies.
- Use the remaining dough and repeat the process.Arrange these cookies in a baking tray lined properly(I used aluminium foil).
- Melt the jam in a small pan (don’t heat too much , just melt the jam to loosen it a little)
- Make a dent in the centre of the cookies and fill the jam.
- Pre- heat oven at 180 degrees C and bake the cookies for about 15 minutes or until done.
- Place them on the rack.. After they cool down , enjoy them with milk or coffee.. 🙂
Enjoy the jam cookies.. 🙂
Notes : You can use any kind of jam you like and different cookie cutters to shape your cookies.. 🙂