Since a few days , I was not feeling well and was not able to swallow down anything without throwing it up , I know, gross right :(..and to think whats my sickness has to do with the tasty puff pastries.. ,Well after eating dalia and khichdi for three continuous days,i was really fed up, so one afternoon i decided to take chance and me and my friend went to the canteen to have some snacks (hoping i will be able to keep it in my stomach) 😛 .. and guess what we had???
Yup, we ended up having puff pastry.. I don’t know whether it was me having some snack after almost a week or the fact that i was eating a puff pastry after so many months that i couldn’t even recall the last time i had them, that while eating that patty, I remembered my childhood days. While in school, I used to take money from dad for eating the paneer and potato patties in the canteen. In junior school, these puff pastry used to be one of the main snack of the birthday treats in school… 🙂
After having the puff pastry, i decided to try to make them at home.. :). As if God was also on my side, during my recent trip to Modern Bazaar, i found the Puff pastry dough and decided on buying it..
so, this was our super sunday breakfast.. Paneer and veggies puff pastries..
Recipe for the paneer and veggies puff pastries –
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped beans
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 2 cup grated paneer
- salt , to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli
- 1/2 tbsp chat masala
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 300 grams puff pastry dough
- Preheat the oven to 230 degree celcius
- Heat the oil in the pan. Add chopped onion and saute for a minute.
- Add chopped beans and carrot and saute for 3-4 minute till the beans and carrot are cooked.
- Add red chilli, garam masala, and salt and mix well.
- Add grated paneer ,mix well and cook for some time.
- Let the stuffing cool off for sometime.
- Take the pastry dough and roll it in 3×3 inch square shaped sheets.Place the stuffing on the sheets , apply some water on the sides and fold it in triangular shape.
- Place the puff pastry on the baking tray and place it in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes before eating.. 🙂
Enjoy these with hot coffee.. 🙂
Note: You can add any type of stuffing you want. Mashed potatoes can be added instead of grated paneer. You can make egg bhurji stuffing.. 🙂