2014 has been a wonderful year for me.. This year marked the arrival of many new things in my life..starting from my first Project in my job life in February to my food blog in November…I met some wonderful new people, enjoyed with my old buddies.. Well as they say time passes quickly when you are in the best company.. I can’t imagine 2014 is already coming to end.., but it’s all thanks to the people in my life who had been there for me in every up and downs in my life and made 2014 soo memorable.. 🙂
Now , with few minutes left for 2015.. lets raise a toast for the wonderful year spent.., and welcome 2015 in a little traditional way.. 😉 I celebrated my New year eve with this delicious gajar ka halwa..
Recipe for Gajar (Carrot) ka halwa-
- 6 cups of grated carrot (1 Kg before grating)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tbsp of ghee
- 5 cups of full cream milk
- ¼ cup of almonds & cashew nuts (roasted)
- Grate 1 Kg of carrot.
- Heat the kadhai(pan) and add 1 tbsp of ghee , add the grated carrot ,add milk and mix well.
- Cook this on a low to medium flame. the milk will froth and start reducing slowly and slowly.
- When the milk began to reduce(about reduce to 75%) , add the other 3 tbsp of ghee and cook for sometime.
- Keep stirring the mixture and add sugar and mix well.
- Continue to stir and cook on low flame till the whole mixture becomes dry. the milk should evaporate completely and you will see fine milk solids in the halwa.
- In a separate pan , dry roast the almonds and cashew nuts on medium flame.
- Add the roasted cashew nuts & almonds in the gajar halwa..
Serve hot.. 🙂
New year means new hopes, new resolutions, new goals, new people,..and many more.. I hope this New Year brings joy, happiness, prosperity and growth in your life.. Welcome 2015 with the yummy gajar ka halwa.. 🙂