Last week was just another one of the many monotonous and tedious weeks that I have been experiencing from the last 3 months.. From the last 3 months, I have been working whole week.. be it a weekday or weekend.. As for most of the people, I love weekends, and not getting my dose of these two free days to forget the tensions of the job, to remove all the fatigue of the week, meet my friends was driving me insane..
One thing that got affected the most during this time is my new blog.. Cooking is one thing I can’t leave , I did make new things every weekends these last months, may be a new drink.. or just helped out mum in the kitchen.. It helped me relieve the stress and get started for the new week.. But I was not able to give time to write the recipes, to share out my experiences..which I am not proud of.. so, today when I got a free day, I promised myself that I will try out a new recipe and post it on the blog. Also, no more neglecting my blog , no matter how busy I am I will try to find time for blogging too.. 🙂
Well , to celebrate my comeback and the promises I made the eggless pineapple upside down cake, hope you all will like it..
Recipe for Eggless Pineapple Upside Down Cake –
- Flour/maida – 1 ¼ cups
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – ½ tsp
- Butter – ½ cup
- Milkmaid – ½ tin
- Fresh pineapple juice – ½ to ¾ cup,as required
- Fresh pineapple slices – 5-7
- Raisins – to fill between the circles in the pineapple slices.
- Sugar – 3-4 tbsps,for making the caramel
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degree F or 180 degree C for at least 10 minutes.
- Grease a round cake pan well with butter or oil.
- Add sugar in a pan and stir it continuously on high flame till sugar starts melting.Once , the sugar starts melting reduce the flame and keep stirring till it turns brown. Pour and spread this caramel sauce on the greased cake pan.
- Arrange the pineapple slices as shown in the picture or any way you like. I added some raisins in the circles in the slices.
- Take dry ingredients (maida, baking soda, baking powder) in a bowl. Mix them well till they get incorporated.
- In another bowl take butter at room temperature and beat it, add condensed milk. Beat them well together.
- Add pineapple juice. Whisk it well.
- Add dry flour mixture to wet mixture.
- Mix well and make sure there are no lumps.
- Pour the batter into prepared cake pan.
- Bake into pre-heated oven for 30-35 minutes. Check the cake by inserting a toothpick in the centre. If toothpick comes out clean then cake is ready.
Enjoy the delicious bake .. 🙂
Note: I have followed the recipe from the blog http://www.divyascookbook.com/. I have made some changes in the recipe.
- I have used fresh pineapple juice instead of milk and pineapple essence.
- Instead of cherries, I used dried raisins in my cake.. 🙂