In India, monsoon season is welcomed with something fried and something chatpata accompanied with a hot cup of tea (or like in my case coffee :P) , and .. It’s like a natural instinct for me..whenever the rain starts, my mind starts thinking of having those crispy onion and potato pakodas with chatpati pudhina chutney…Ohh!! my love for the green chutney..!!!
Oh well, before I get engrossed in my thoughts of having pudhina chutney and end up making one.. Let me tell you what this post is all about..
Well this post is not about pakodas or green pudhina chutney or a cup of coffee, this is about my want to have something different also.. (Though I would never give the chance of having those fried crispy finger food in rainy season).I wanted to bake something that can also go great with the season.
Spiced apple muffins are the perfect choice for the season. It has a little spiciness with clove and dalchini(cinnamon) and the freshness of apple, and on the top of it, the whole wheat flour makes it healthy too 🙂 .It’s one of those food with that I can imagine myself sitting on the porch with a cup of coffee and enjoying the rain with this muffin.
Let’s have a little change in the monsoon menu this rainy season with this spiced apple muffin 🙂
Recipe for Spiced Apple Muffin-
- Ingredients :
- ½ tin or 200 gm of condensed milk
- 1 tbsp of powdered sugar
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon (dalchini)
- 2 crushed cloves
- ½ cup of oil
- ½ tsp of vanilla essence
- 1 small apple – chopped in small pieces.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degree F or 180 degree C for at least 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, sift flour with baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon powder.
- Beat condensed milk with sugar. Add vanilla essence and oil and beat again.
- Add crushed cloves.
- Add the dry ingredients (the flour mixture) and gently fold the mixture with a spatula.
- Sprinkle a tbsp of flour on the chopped apple and fold it into the batter.
- Grease the muffin tray or you can also use paper cups with the muffin tray.
- Fill each cup with about ¾ only.
- Bake them for 20-25 minutes. Check a muffin by inserting a toothpick in the center . If toothpick comes out clean then they are ready.
Do try them and share your experience :)