Happy New year 2017 everyone..
2016 has been a tough year for me, be it at professional front or personal front. This year I promised myself that I will leave all the negativities of 2016 and welcome 2017 with full of spirit. So on 1st Jan , I sat with a pen and paper and pinned all my hopes and desires for 2017. I say that piece of list as my “Goals of 2017”.
Well, I know this post is not about my new year resolutions but about a certain mouth watering dish.. I am coming to the point… One of the points on my list was to be healthy. Well, to be healthy I have to eat healthy also. Due to the hectic work schedules I have been missing on my dinner or been munching on outside unhealthy junk foods. So I thought its high time I put a break on it. My family was planning to go out to celebrate new year , but I promised them to give a delicious , tasty dinner at home, which we later enjoyed over a mild chat and some TV shows..
So , here I present to you.. healthy , delicious and full of proteins… soya chaap ticka.. 🙂
- 500 gm of soya chaap sticks (usually 9-10 sticks )
- 2 green chilly.
- 1 tbsp of gram flour
- 3 tbsp of mustard oil
- 1/2 tsp of haldi powder
- 1/2 tsp of chilli powder
- 1 tsp of coriander powder
- 1 tsp of garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp of zeera powder
- 1/2 tsp of chaat masala
- 4 tbsp of hung curd
- 15-18 garlic cloves
- 1 inch ginger piece
- salt (according to taste)
- Capsicum , tomato and onion cut into cube shape.
- Dry roast the gram flour on slow-medium flame till it changes the color to light brown. Keep stirring to prevent it from getting burnt.
- Boil water in a vessel and add little amount of salt. Add the soya chaap in the boiling water and let it cook for 5 minutes. Drain the water and keep the soya chaap aside for cooling.
- After the soya chaap has cooled off, take the sticks of the soya chaap and cut them into small pieces.
- Crush the green chilies, garlic cloves and ginger together into a fine paste.
- In a bowl, add hung curd, ginger-garlic chilly paste, roasted gram flour, zeera powder, garam masala powder, chaat masala, coriander powder, chilly powder.Mix it well.
- In a separate pan, heat the mustard oil on a high flame. Later, switch off the gas and add the haldi powder in the mustard oil. Immediately add the oil mixture in the hung curd mix bowl. Mix the oil in the hung curd mix.
- Add the soya chaap pieces in the bowl. Also , add the capsicum , tomato and onions.
- Let the soya chaap marinate for atleast 2 hours.
- Now, arrange the soya chaap and the vegetables on the skewers.First add a capsicum, then onion and then soya piece and then tomato and then repeat this again.
- Preheat the air fryer at 180 for 5 minutes. Put the skewers in the air fryer for about 10-12 minutes. Do rotate them in between.
- Serve them hot with delicious and tangy green pudhina chutney.
Enjoy.. And Once Again..
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2017 🙂 🙂