As they say, chocolate makes everything better, I feel these Chocolate chips muffins are best for everyone, those who are die hard chocolate fan (like me :P ) or who like chocolate but in small amount(like my mum ). These muffins have the perfect balance of chocolate and vanilla flavored dough.
As I mentioned in my previous post, I will be making a different muffin this week for her tea time. For Monday , I made these tutti-fruity muffins, for Tuesday , I made her a batch of spiced apple muffins . So, for Wednesday , I decided to make these chocolate chips muffins for her tea time. They are perfect to have with a cup of tea/coffee and will make your worries and tiredness vanish in seconds. They are super soft with the perfect dome top and on the top of it, the added oats make them healthy too.. 🙂
Recipe for Chocolate chips muffins –
- ½ cup of all purpose flour(maida)
- ¼ cup oats
- ¼ cup of granulated sugar
- ¼ cup of Oil
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- ½ cup yogurt
- ¼ tsp of baking soda
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- ¼ cup of Chocolate chips
- A pinch of salt
- A tsp of flour (to dust the tutii-fruity)
- A tbsp of milk (if required)
- Preheat the oven at 200 degree Celsius.
- Sieve all purpose flour (maida) and salt together in a bowl. Add the oats in the bowl.
- In another bowl, add the sugar , oil and vanilla essence and stir it well until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the baking powder and baking soda in the yogurt and let it sit for 3-4 minutes.( sieve the baking powder and baking soda in the yogurt, it prevents their lump formation).
- Add this curd mixture to the oil mixture bowl and gently stir.
- Dust the chocolate chips with the flour.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and add the chocolate chips. Stir the mixture gently until everything is combined.
- Now fill the muffins tray till the top. I love the dome type structure of the muffins. If you also want them , then fill your muffins cups till the top , and bake them at the high temperature (200 degree C) for about 4-5 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 180 and bake for 10 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick in a muffin, if it comes out clean , then the muffins are done.
- Serve hot with hot tea or cold coffee. 🙂