It was my parent’s 29 marriage anniversary some months back and I had planned to make a cake to celebrate the occasion. So, this cake is very special to me ,as first it was made as one of my gifts for Mom and Dad and secondly ,it was my first cake with icing.
So, the preparation began on full swing and for the complete week I went through various blogs, YouTube videos to get ideas for icing along with chocolate decorations. After completing my “research” 😛 , I was full on ready to make the cake.
So, after coming from office on Friday, I got all my ingredients for the cake and after the quick mixing set it in the oven for baking. Now came the hard part, the icing. As it was my first attempt I decided on thick chocolate ganache icing along with some chocolate decorations. For chocolate decorations, I made squares of white and dark chocolate designs and cut out some hearts with dark chocolate and wrote 29 on them. As I made all this in hurry on Saturday morning(The D-Day) I couldn’t take the pictures of the making of chocolate decorations, but I will try put the procedure of the same very soon.
Recipe for the Egg-less Chocolate Cake –
Ingredients for Chocolate cake :
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
- 2 tbsp of cocco powder.
- 1 tsp of baking powder.
- ½ tsp of baking soda.
- ¾ cup of condensed milk.
- ½ cup of unsalted butter.
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- ½ cup of water.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degree F or 180 degree C for at least 10 minutes.
- Grease a round cake pan well with butter or oil.
- Take dry ingredients (Whole wheat flour, cocco powder, baking soda, baking powder) in a bowl.Mix them well till they get incorporated.
- In another bowl take melted butter and /add condensed milk. Beat it well.
- Add water and vanilla essence Whisk it well.
- Add dry flour mixture to wet mixture.
- Whisk well and make sure there are no lumps.
- Pour the batter into prepared cake pan.
- Bake into pre-heated oven for 30-35 minutes. Check the cake by inserting a toothpick in the center . If toothpick comes out clean then cake is ready.
- Let the cake cool on the rack. After the cake is cooled , keep it in the fridge overnight. Cake should be completely cooled before icing.
I completed the cake with chocolate ganache icing and some chocolate decorations..
Any bakes or dishes close to your heart.. ? Please do share .. 😀