As they say, chocolate makes everything better, I feel these Chocolate chips muffins are best for everyone, those who are die hard chocolate fan (like me :P ) or who like chocolate but in small amount(like my mum ). These muffins have the perfect balance of chocolate and vanilla flavored dough.
As I mentioned in my previous post, I will be making a different muffin this week for her tea time. For Monday , I made these tutti-fruity muffins, for Tuesday , I made her a batch of spiced apple muffins . So, for Wednesday , I decided to make these chocolate chips muffins for her tea time. They are perfect to have with a cup of tea/coffee and will make your worries and tiredness vanish in seconds. They are super soft with the perfect dome top and on the top of it, the added oats make them healthy too.. 🙂
Recipe for Chocolate chips muffins –
- ½ cup of all purpose flour(maida)
- ¼ cup oats
- ¼ cup of granulated sugar
- ¼ cup of Oil
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- ½ cup yogurt
- ¼ tsp of baking soda
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- ¼ cup of Chocolate chips
- A pinch of salt
- A tsp of flour (to dust the tutii-fruity)
- A tbsp of milk (if required)
- Preheat the oven at 200 degree Celsius.
- Sieve all purpose flour (maida) and salt together in a bowl. Add the oats in the bowl.
- In another bowl, add the sugar , oil and vanilla essence and stir it well until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the baking powder and baking soda in the yogurt and let it sit for 3-4 minutes.( sieve the baking powder and baking soda in the yogurt, it prevents their lump formation).
- Add this curd mixture to the oil mixture bowl and gently stir.
- Dust the chocolate chips with the flour.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and add the chocolate chips. Stir the mixture gently until everything is combined.
- Now fill the muffins tray till the top. I love the dome type structure of the muffins. If you also want them , then fill your muffins cups till the top , and bake them at the high temperature (200 degree C) for about 4-5 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 180 and bake for 10 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick in a muffin, if it comes out clean , then the muffins are done.
- Serve hot with hot tea or cold coffee. 🙂
Another cold and foggy morning & the soft sheets felt soo good and warm compared to the cloudy glass of the window above my head,announcing that a heavy and cold weather was dispersing through the city.. If it would have any other day I would have gone back to sleep till my Dad brings me a hot cup of green tea.. But today is Chirstmas.. a festival that brings joy and happiness.. and most importantly awesome breakfast.. 🙂
Christmas breakfast has to be special..and this time I promised my family that I will make breakfast on this Christmas So,I tried to gear myself up and started my work from 7 am in the morning… and decided to make baked donuts with chocolate glazing..
Recipe for Donuts with Chocolate glazing-
For the Donut Dough:
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dried yeast
- 2 tablespoons butter,
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
For the Chocolate Glaze:
- 1 cup dark choco chips
- 1/4 cup milk
For white chocolate glaze:
- 1/2 cup white choco chips
- 1/8 cup milk
- For the dough :In a small bowl, add yeast and a tablespoon of sugar and warm water and let it rise to for 10 minutes. After the yeast has risen,Mix the flour ,sugar,yeast mixture together in a standing mixer fitted with dough hook. Add salt and mix well.
- In a measuring jug, heat together the milk and butter and heat until luke warm, and the butter is melted. Stir in the vanilla essence.
- Keep stirring the flour mixture and slowly add the milk mixture.
- Increase the speed to medium and mix until the dough is shiny and smooth, 6-8 minutes. The dough is supposed to be saggy and on the wet side
- Rub your mixing bowl with vegetable oil . Place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat lightly.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap tight and let the dough rise until doubled, 1 ½ -2 hours.
- Once it has risen, turn out the fluffy dough onto a floured work surface.
- Roll out to ½ “ thick
- Using a round cutter cut of your donuts circles. Dust your cutter in flour so it doesn’t stick to the dough. Then cut out the donut hole with a much smaller cutter.
- TIP: You can prepare the donuts to this stage and put in the refrigerator until the next day. When needed, take out and let me come to room temp and rise a little (roughly 30 minutes) and then bake off as instructed below. Fresh donuts for breakfast.
- Cover your donuts with cling film and let them rise at room temp for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 190 degree Celsius
- Unwrap the donuts. Brush the very top (not the sides) with melted butter. Sprinkle the tray with 2 tblsp of water.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Donuts just out of oven, ready for glazing..
For chocolate glazing:
- Add dark choco chips and milk in a bowl and place it in the microwave for about 30 seconds at 540 Watt. Take it out and mix well.Keep it again,if the chocolate is not completely melted.
For White chocolate glazing:
- Add white choco chips and milk in a bowl and place it in the microwave for about 30 seconds at 540 Watt. Take it out and mix well.Keep it again,if the chocolate is not completely melted.
- Fill the white chocolate mixture in a piping bag to make patterns on the donuts.. 🙂
Glazing the donuts:
- Take you donuts straight from the oven and dunk into the chocolate glaze one by one. Dip each in the bowl of glaze with forks. Let the excess glaze drip off before and then place on a wire rack to dry.
- Make different types of pattern on the donuts using the white chocolate glazing..or put sprinkles on the chocolate glazing and enjoy.. 🙂
Have leftovers ? Pop them in the oven and refresh them for a few minutes. the glaze might melt but they will be warm and fresh again…