As they say, chocolate makes everything better, I feel these Chocolate chips muffins are best for everyone, those who are die hard chocolate fan (like me :P ) or who like chocolate but in small amount(like my mum ). These muffins have the perfect balance of chocolate and vanilla flavored dough.
As I mentioned in my previous post, I will be making a different muffin this week for her tea time. For Monday , I made these tutti-fruity muffins, for Tuesday , I made her a batch of spiced apple muffins . So, for Wednesday , I decided to make these chocolate chips muffins for her tea time. They are perfect to have with a cup of tea/coffee and will make your worries and tiredness vanish in seconds. They are super soft with the perfect dome top and on the top of it, the added oats make them healthy too.. 🙂
Recipe for Chocolate chips muffins –
- ½ cup of all purpose flour(maida)
- ¼ cup oats
- ¼ cup of granulated sugar
- ¼ cup of Oil
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- ½ cup yogurt
- ¼ tsp of baking soda
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- ¼ cup of Chocolate chips
- A pinch of salt
- A tsp of flour (to dust the tutii-fruity)
- A tbsp of milk (if required)
- Preheat the oven at 200 degree Celsius.
- Sieve all purpose flour (maida) and salt together in a bowl. Add the oats in the bowl.
- In another bowl, add the sugar , oil and vanilla essence and stir it well until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the baking powder and baking soda in the yogurt and let it sit for 3-4 minutes.( sieve the baking powder and baking soda in the yogurt, it prevents their lump formation).
- Add this curd mixture to the oil mixture bowl and gently stir.
- Dust the chocolate chips with the flour.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and add the chocolate chips. Stir the mixture gently until everything is combined.
- Now fill the muffins tray till the top. I love the dome type structure of the muffins. If you also want them , then fill your muffins cups till the top , and bake them at the high temperature (200 degree C) for about 4-5 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 180 and bake for 10 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick in a muffin, if it comes out clean , then the muffins are done.
- Serve hot with hot tea or cold coffee. 🙂
It was my parent’s 29 marriage anniversary some months back and I had planned to make a cake to celebrate the occasion. So, this cake is very special to me ,as first it was made as one of my gifts for Mom and Dad and secondly ,it was my first cake with icing.
So, the preparation began on full swing and for the complete week I went through various blogs, YouTube videos to get ideas for icing along with chocolate decorations. After completing my “research” 😛 , I was full on ready to make the cake.
So, after coming from office on Friday, I got all my ingredients for the cake and after the quick mixing set it in the oven for baking. Now came the hard part, the icing. As it was my first attempt I decided on thick chocolate ganache icing along with some chocolate decorations. For chocolate decorations, I made squares of white and dark chocolate designs and cut out some hearts with dark chocolate and wrote 29 on them. As I made all this in hurry on Saturday morning(The D-Day) I couldn’t take the pictures of the making of chocolate decorations, but I will try put the procedure of the same very soon.
Recipe for the Egg-less Chocolate Cake –
Ingredients for Chocolate cake :
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
- 2 tbsp of cocco powder.
- 1 tsp of baking powder.
- ½ tsp of baking soda.
- ¾ cup of condensed milk.
- ½ cup of unsalted butter.
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- ½ cup of water.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degree F or 180 degree C for at least 10 minutes.
- Grease a round cake pan well with butter or oil.
- Take dry ingredients (Whole wheat flour, cocco powder, baking soda, baking powder) in a bowl.Mix them well till they get incorporated.
- In another bowl take melted butter and /add condensed milk. Beat it well.
- Add water and vanilla essence Whisk it well.
- Add dry flour mixture to wet mixture.
- Whisk well and make sure there are no lumps.
- Pour the batter into prepared cake pan.
- Bake into pre-heated oven for 30-35 minutes. Check the cake by inserting a toothpick in the center . If toothpick comes out clean then cake is ready.
- Let the cake cool on the rack. After the cake is cooled , keep it in the fridge overnight. Cake should be completely cooled before icing.
I completed the cake with chocolate ganache icing and some chocolate decorations..
Any bakes or dishes close to your heart.. ? Please do share .. 😀