Day 4, Thursday.
These days I feel like I am writing a journal .. everyday I am excited to try something new and to share the experiences with everyone. My mornings are spent thinking about the muffin recipe that I can try today, my office breaks spent on browsing through my saved recipes or new recipes, and my evening, executing my day’s research. 🙂
This banana oats muffins recipe was lying in my saved section from a long time and I really wanted to try this. So , what could be a better time than this… They are perfect for teatime, small snack break and even for breakfast.. I really like them for my breakfast with a strong cup of coffee, and also took them for my evening snack for my 2 hours tiresome bus journey.
Recipe adapted from this blog.
Recipe for banana oats muffins –
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup instant oats
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 medium sized banana (1/2 cup mashed banana)
- ¼ cup oil
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (you can add any nuts also)
- 1 tsp of flax seeds and musk melon seeds for sprinkling on the muffin’s top.
- Pinch of salt.
- Preheat the oven at 200 degree Celsius.
- Sieve the whole wheat flour salt, baking soda, baking powder together in a bowl. Add the oats and chia seeds in the bowl.
- In another bowl, add the mashed banana , brown sugar and vanilla essence. Stir well . Add oil and stir till all incorporated together.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix gently. Use cut and fold method to mix . Do not over mix the batter.
- With the use of spoons, fill the muffins tray till the top. Put some flax seeds and musk melon seeds as garnishing over the muffins top.
- Bake them at the high temperature (200 degree C) for about 5 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 180 and bake for 12-15 minutes.Do note I use small muffin tray , if your muffin tray is medium/regular sized, bake them for around 18-20 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick in a muffin, if it comes out clean , then the muffins are done.
- Enjoy them with cold milk or hot coffee 🙂
Note : I am doing a muffin week .. Check out my other day’s post :
Monday : Tutti-fruity muffins
Tuesday : Spiced Apple muffins
Wednesday : Chocolate chip oats muffins..