I belong to Ranikhet, a very beautiful hill station in Uttarakhand. Uttarakhand and its people are famous for many things, its nature, its beauty , kind and friendly people and their undying love for tea. Pahadi’s (as we are known) can never say no to a cup of tea. My mom is one such true pahadi, she loves her tea, strong with little milk , as she likes to have. My mom always enjoys her tea time , whether its 20 degree C or 40 degree C outside.
Today, being my holiday , I decided to surprise mum with a tea time snack for her. I whipped up some tutty-fruity muffins to accompany her 4pm tea. Well, the best thing is she loved them and ordered me to make some of these for her everyday tea time snacks as she says, its always best when its homemade.. 🙂
Do try these egg-less tutti-fruity muffins, you will love them.
- ¾ cup of all purpose flour(maida)
- ¼ cup of granulated sugar
- ¼ cup of Oil
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- ½ cup yogurt
- ¼ tsp of baking soda
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- ¼ cup of tutti-fruity
- A pinch of salt
- A tsp of flour (to dust the tutii-fruity)
- A tbsp of milk (if required)
- Preheat the oven at 200 degree Celsius.
- Sieve all purpose flour (maida) and salt together in a bowl.
- In another bowl, add the sugar , oil and vanilla essence and stir it well until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the baking powder and baking soda in the yogurt and let it sit for 3-4 minutes.( sieve the baking powder and baking soda in the yogurt, it prevents their lump formation).
- Add this curd mixture to the oil mixture bowl and gently stir.
- Dust the tutti-fruity with the flour.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and add the tutti-fruity. Stir the mixture gently until everything is combined.
- Now fill the muffins tray till the top. I love the dome type structure of the muffins. If you also want them , then fill your muffins cups till the top , and bake them at the high temperature (200 degree C) for about 4-5 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 180 and bake for 7-10 minutes.
- Serve hot with hot tea or cold coffee. 🙂